AG Immigration is the fastest and safest route for your Green Card. We assist our clients with their visa and Green Card processes for the United States, and we also seek to make more and more people aware of the many advantages of living and working in the country that offers the best professional and personal opportunities worldwide. 

In order to clarify many of the doubts you might have, we carefully prepared a list of frequently asked questions about the services offered by AG and how to make your American dream come true. Please check it out below: 


AG Immigration is one of the leading immigration offices in the US. We offer legal assistance and immigration advice on visas (Green cards) or temporary visa applications for the United States. Our highly qualified team, formed by renowned lawyers and professionals, has extensive knowledge of the complex immigration laws of the US. Find more about the services offered by AG by clicking HERE.


AG’s headquarters are located in Irvine, California, and we have branches in several American cities, including Los Angeles, Orlando, Miami, Tampa, Las Vegas, and Washington D.C., in addition to our representatives in Brazil. 


    Many foreign professionals are not even aware that they are eligible to receive a Green Card and become legal permanent residents in the US. In an effort to make those professionals aware of these possibilities, AG’s legal department decided to offer free evaluations of their profiles and immigration pathways. To register, simply fill out our form. It’s fast and it’s free. Please fill out the form by clicking HERE



      We have highly qualified, experienced lawyers who are authorized to practice immigration law throughout the United States. Our lawyers develop a personalized legal strategy for each client, and our petitions are meticulously prepared within the strict standards required by USCIS. 

      AG’s legal team is led by Dr. Felipe Alexandre, a renowned Brazilian / American lawyer who is a reference in the field of ​​immigration law in the US. For several years he has been on the list of the American Institute of Legal Counsel as one of the 10 best immigration lawyers in the state of New York. 

      In addition to the legal team, AG has an operational team made up of professionals with proven experience, including former US government employees. To meet the entire AG Immigration team, please click HERE


        No. AG is not an employment agency nor do we advertise job openings in the United States. Our job is to provide advice and legal assistance for visas, Green Card and immigration processes to the United States. 


            The costs and fees involved will depend on the immigration route a candidate for an immigrant visa (Green Card) qualifies. We recommend that you complete the free profile and immigration possibilities assessment offered by AG’s legal department so that we can verify which would be the best immigration alternative in your case, and prepare an estimate. To do so, please fill out our form.



              There are currently hundreds of careers that are lacking professionals in the United States, both in quantity and in quality. This is due to the fact that in the past 10 years the American job market has created more jobs than there were people available or qualified to fill them. To get around this problem and meet market demand, the country needs to rely on the labor and talent of foreign professionals. 

              Among the professions in higher demand at the moment we can highlight health professionals. We are talking about doctors (practically all specialties), dentists, nurses and physiotherapists. 

              IT professionals come next, especially with the increasing advancement of cutting-edge technologies, cell phones and other online communication tools. Program developers, systems analysts and many other areas of technology can find great opportunities in the country. 

              Engineers are also in short supply in the US, in all its specialties, from the civil construction area to the oil and gas segment. 

              Aviation pilots are also missing. This basically happens for two reasons:  

              1) there are many American pilots retiring.  

              2) a large number of American pilots have moved to work for major airlines located in Asia and the Middle East. 

              Other careers with a shortage of professionals in the US include lawyers from certain legal fields, education professionals, architects and many other functions that require technical knowledge and experience. 

              It is also important to mention that entrepreneurs are always very welcome in the United States, as they move the economy and create jobs. A businessman who can demonstrate a good professional history and an excellent business plan for the USA will have great chances of obtaining a Green Card. 

              Find out more about the shortage of professionals in the US and how you can contribute by visiting our page: AG PROFESSIONS


                For foreign nationals to reside permanently in the US, a Green Card must be obtained from the American immigration authorities. To learn more about green cards and immigrant visas, access the AG’s special page by clicking HERE. 


                      Visas are documents placed in the passports of foreign nationals who apply to enter the United States. There are hundreds of American visa types divided into 2 categories: immigrant visas and non-immigrants visas. Visas are granted according to the purpose of the traveler in the USA. Click HERE o learn more! 


                          The B1/B2 visa is the most requested visa in the world. It allows travel to the USA for the purpose of tourism, business and medical appointments. 

                          Other very popular American visas are F1 and J1, for study or exchange in the USA. 

                          Among the most requested are also temporary work visas, including H1-B, H-3, L-1, P-1, O-1. 

                          Among the main immigrant visas are the Green Cards granted to direct relatives or spouses of American citizens. A Green Card can also be granted through an immigration process based on factors such as career, employment or investment by foreigners in the USA. These are the so-called “EB” – Employment-Based visas (EB-1, EB-2 NIW, EB-3, EB-5, etc.) that have become increasingly popular and prestigious to attract new immigrants to the country. 

                          Do you want to know more about the different types of American visas? Please click HERE

                                  11 - WHERE CAN I FIND THE COMPLETE LIST OF AMERICAN VISAS?

                                  Check out the full list of U.S. visas, both for immigrating and for temporary travels. AG Immigration also has a special page on visa types for the USA. Please clieck HERE.

                                          12 - WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN IMMIGRANT VISA AND A GREEN CARD?

                                          An American visa is always granted outside the United States, at an American Embassy or Consulate, and upon interview with a consular officer where the visa application is assessed. When a person already has an immigration application approved by the American authorities before entering the USA, they receive an immigrant visa in their passport, which is intended to allow entry in the country. Once inside the USA, an immigrant visa holder has to wait for the issuance and delivery of his Green Card, and only then will he officially become a legal permanent resident. Find out more HERE

                                              13 - WHAT ARE THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF A GREEN CARD HOLDER?

                                              A Green Card holder has all the rights of an American citizen, except for the right to vote in elections and is also ineligible for certain public positions. As a legal permanent resident the holder of a Green Card has access to education and basic public health, discounts for carrying out various academic activities and many other advantages. 

                                               On the other hand, a Green Card holder has important obligations, such as paying taxes on time and maintaining good criminal and moral conduct. In addition, care must be taken not to use the Green Card as if it were a tourist visa, just to visit or spend a few months of the year in the USA. If immigration officials consider that a permanent resident is spending more time in another country, the Green Card can be automatically canceled and the right to residence revoked. If a permanent resident needs to be away from the USA for more than six months, he or she can apply for a “Reentry Permit”.


                                                    The American agency responsible for everything related to these matters is the DHS – Department of Homeland Security. Several government agencies, such as the State Department (which coordinates all consular operations at the American Embassy and consulates abroad), USCIS – United States Citizenship and Immigration Services – which handles all Green Cards, immigration benefits and American citizenship , CBP – Customs and Borders Protection – whose main function is to guarantee border security and prevent illegal immigration and a number of other agencies fall under it. Please find out more HERE

                                                      15 - WHAT DO YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR VISA APPROVED?

                                                      It depends on the type of visa you are apllying for. For temporary visas, such as tourism, business, study, etc. the assessement considers whether the candidate has ties sufficiently strong to his country of origin to make him return from the USA after the intended trip, rather than staying illegally in America. In many cases, these ties are proven by presenting bank statements, income tax returns and personal assets, as well as proof of where they work or study. 

                                                      In the case of immigrant visas, the immigration petition has to be strong enough to prove to the American authorities that the Green Card candidate will benefit the United States with their presence. For immigrant visas based on career, employment or investment, this is usually proven with the presentation of extensive documentation on the professional, academic and personal life of the candidate interested in living in the USA. 

                                                          16 - IS IT TRUE THAT MOST VISAS ARE DENIED TO BRAZILIANS?

                                                          Is not true. Historically, the approval rate for American visas for Brazilians is high, and Brazil is far from being a country where most applicants are refused. According to data from the US State Department, the approval rate at the US Embassy and consulates in Brazil is somewhere between is 78% to 81%. During the first decade of this century (2001 to 2010) the approval rate reached 88% of approvals for the most diverse American visas requested. 

                                                                17 - HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR A GREEN CARD TO BE APPROVED?

                                                                The period of time can always vary based upon a number of factors, which may include the backlog with the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), requests for additional evidence from US authorities, and also how you choose to file a petition, whether it be a consular process or an adjustment of status. However, the average estimate is 9 to 13 months until an entire Green Card process has been analyzed and approved, from the submission of the immigration petition to the NVC (National Visa Center) until its final approval. 

                                                                  18 - HOW CAN I OBTAIN THE AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP?

                                                                  Legal permanent residents (Green Card holders) in the United States can apply for US citizenship as long as they can prove that they have  legally lived in the country for at least 5 years. The citizenship process is also done through USCIS, and at its completion, the new American citizen receives his first US passport. 


                                                                  19 - WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CONSULAR PROCESS AND THE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS?

                                                                  A consular process is the most frequent way to apply for immigration visas to the United States, and your final interview with an American consular officer takes place at an American Embassy or Consulate abroad. For as long as you are waiting for the result of the process, the applicant for the immigration benefit must continue to reside in their country of origin. Depending on a number of factors, it may take 9 to 12 months for the applicant to attend their immigrant visa approval interview. 

                                                                  An adjustment of status happens when someone is already in the USA with a certain type of visa and then wants to change their status in the country to any of the immigration categories provided by USCIS. In general, the adjustment of status is processed in a shorter time period than the consular process, something around 4 to 10 months. The applicant who chooses the adjustment of status option needs to keep in mind that there are several restrictions that must be respected, mainly in relation to working or studying in the US and using public health and education benefits. 

                                                                    20 - WHAT IS BETTER? CONSULAR PROCESS OR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS?

                                                                    This is a very personal question. Both pathways are legal as long as their respective processes are done properly and within the law. A consular process tends to take a little longer than the adjustment of status request. On the other hand, whoever decides needs to keep in mind that there are several restrictions that must be respected, especially in relation to working or studying in the US and in the use of public health and education benefits. 

                                                                      21 - HOW CAN I WORK IN THE UNITED STATES?

                                                                      There are specific temporary (non-immigrant) visas that allow and alien to work in the US, such as H-1B, L-1, P-1, etc. and a number of other categories that require the submission of a work petition to the USCIS by an American employer. To learn more about temporary work visas, please click HERE. Also remember that the US offers several immigrant visa programs that grant Green Cards and the status of permanent residents in the USA. Find out more by visiting HERE

                                                                        22 - WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE A CHILD IN THE USA?

                                                                        When a baby is born in the United States, they are automatically entitled to get the US citizenship. However, this does not grant any immediate right for the parents of the newborn American citizen to live in America. Only after turning 21 years old will the US citizen be able to apply for an immigrant visa and Green Card for their parents, minor children, siblings or spouses. 

                                                                          23 - WHEN CAN I BECOME AN AMERICAN CITIZEN?

                                                                          A person can become an American citizen after 5 years of being a Green Card holder, by participating in the naturalization process, or can choose to simply continue with their Green Card. If the person who has a Green Card for 3 years is married to an American citizen, he or she can apply for the naturalization process. 

                                                                          24 - WHAT ARE THE MAIN WAYS TO GET A GREEN CARD?

                                                                          The most common ways to get a Green Card are:  

                                                                          – being directly related to an American citizen, being a spouse of an American citizen (parents, children and siblings) 


                                                                          – obtaining an immigrant visa based on your career, job opportunity or investment in the USA. Learn more about green cards by clicking HERE 

                                                                            25 - HOW DO I GET A SPONSOR TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES?

                                                                            There are several American websites that offer job opportunities in the USA. You need to be aware of vacancies in your professional field and find out which specific work visa better fits your case. It’s also importante to find out if your profession requires any type of professional license or diploma revalidation. 

                                                                              26 - HOW CAN I GET AN INVESTMENT GREEN CARD (EB-5)?

                                                                              Since 2018 the investment ​​for applying for an EB-5 visa have increased to US$ 900,000 (in areas that need more resources) and US$ 1.8 million for those who wish to invest in any of the country’s major commercial centers. In addition to the amount of the investment, it is necessary that the proposed business generates at least 10 jobs in the United States, and that 2 years after the issuance of the first Green Card (conditional) the investor can prove that their company is making a profit so that he can then receive the definitive Green Card. You can find more about EB-5 visas by clicking HERE 

                                                                                27 - WHAT IS A COMBO CARD AND WHAT IS IT FOR?

                                                                                A Combo Card, also known as Advance Parole (EAD) is a document that every immigrant receives when they request an adjustment of status within the United States. This card gives the petitioner work and travel authorization. 

                                                                                28 - DOES AN EUROPEAN PASSPORT HELP ME WITH A VISA OR GREEN CARD?

                                                                                Not necessarily. To apply for a visa or Green Card, all requirements have to be the same, regardless of the applicant’s nationality. However, some nationalities have more visa programs available for them than others. Italians, for example, can apply for an E-2 visa, which allows them to be granted a temporary investment-based visa in the USA. Portugal, for example, is not a country for which the E-2 is available. 

                                                                                  29 - UNDER WHICH CIRCUMSTANCES A PERSON MAY HAVE A GREEN CARD CANCELLED OR REMOVED?

                                                                                  In the case of immigrants who commit crimes, the Green Card can be canceled if an immigration judge issues a deportation order based on serious crimes, including driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. A deportation order automatically cancels the Green Card. In addition, the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) authorities may revoke a person’s Green Card if they consider that he or she is spending more time outside than within the United States, thus not actually constituting residence in the country. Green Card holders absent for another 12 months also automatically lose the right to permanent residence and the Green Card. 

                                                                                  30 - HOW DOES THE AMERICAN VISA (DV) LOTTERY WORK?

                                                                                  This is a drawing where the candidates are randomly selected, by computer, among the qualified registrations. After the draw, the candidates should check the lottery page on the internet to see whether or not they have been selected. Embassies and Consulates do not have information on the list of selected candidates. Being a visa that seeks to bring cultural diversity to the USA (DV – Diversity Visa), many countries that already have a large amount of immigrants in America, such as Brazil, for example, cannot apply.

                                                                                  31 - HOW DOES THE E-2 VISA WORK?

                                                                                  The E-2 visa is an American visa for investors that allows entrepreneurs from a nationality are on the list of countries in the Trade Treaty with the United States to enter the country to make investments establishing a business. 

                                                                                    32 - WHAT ARE EB - EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISAS?

                                                                                    EB visas (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-4 and EB-5) are immigrant categories that grant Green Cards for permanent residency in the United States based on one’s career, employment opportunity with a sponsor or through investment and job creation in the USA. Learn more about EB visas by clicking HERE

                                                                                      33 - HOW DOES THE EB-1 - PROFESSIONALS WITH “EXTRAORDINARY SKILLS” VISA WORK?

                                                                                      Professionals with “extraordinary skills” are those who stand out and have wide national or international recognition in the arts, education, science, business or athletics. A major differential of the EB-1 visa is that it does not require a job or employer offer for its applicant, who can be qualified only by its merits and professional trajectory. 

                                                                                      Many professors, researchers and managers or executives from multinationals may also be eligible for the EB-1 visa. To qualify for an EB-1 visa, an applicant must meet at least 3 of 10 criteria. To find out about these criteria and learn more about the EB-1 visa, click HERE

                                                                                      34 - WHAT IS THE EB-2 VISA FOR “QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS” AND HOW DOES IT WORK?

                                                                                      The EB-2 visa is aimed at professionals with successful and above-average careers, and who are able to demonstrate exceptional ability in their professional segments and, in many cases, through a higher academic education (at least 1 bachelor’s degree) . This visa allows a well-qualified foreigner to receive a Green Card to live and work permanently in the USA, contributing to the development of the market and the American economy itself. To learn more about EB-2 visas, click HERE

                                                                                        35 - WHAT IS THE EB-2 NIW - NATIONAL INTEREST WAIVER?

                                                                                        This is the most “famous” of the EB visas. The NIW (National Interest Waiver) means that the person who meets the required criteria does not even need an employer or job offer in the USA, qualifying for the Green Card solely on the basis of his or her merits and professional and / or academic background to contribute in areas of national interest where there is a great shortage of qualified labor in the country. 

                                                                                        Many Brazilians meet the EB-2 NIW criteria, mainly engineers, doctors, dentists, nurses, physiotherapists, pilots, IT professionals and a number of other professions that require technical knowledge and experience. 

                                                                                        Qualification for the EB-2 NIW is done through proof of professional recognition, national or international awards and certifications and any other documents that demonstrate a successful career and / or a degree, in addition to meeting at least 3 of the 7 criteria explained above. Learn more about EB-2 NIW visas by clicking HERE

                                                                                          36 - HOW DOES EB-2 WORK FOR ADVANCED DEGREE?

                                                                                          For this category it will be necessary to have an employer in the USA and that the candidate be hired because he/she has an advanced degree of study in his area of ​​activity, which may be a master’s, doctorate or specialization. In addition, the job offer must be related to the applicant’s training and areas of studies. 

                                                                                          An employer interested in hiring a foreign professional must justify his or her entry and stay in the country, as the applicant needs to be someone whose qualifications do not exist or are not easy to find in the United States. Find out more HERE

                                                                                            37 - CAN MY FAMILY ALSO LIVE IN THE USA WITH THE EB-2 VISA?

                                                                                            Yes. Spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 of the main dependent (visa holder) can be admitted permanently to the United States. If the applicant’s family is already in the United States with an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), his / her spouse is also allowed to work while the EB-2 petition is being analyzed by the American authorities. 

                                                                                              38 - HOW TO APPLY FOR THE EB-3 VISA, FOR SPECIALIZED WORKERS WITH SPONSORS OR WORK OPPORTUNITIES?

                                                                                              The EB-3 visa is intended for foreigners who have a permanent full-time job offer in the USA through a labor certification. Requirements for foreigners within this category may vary according to the scope of the job offer in question. To find out more about who can apply and the requirements for an EB-3 visa, click HERE .

                                                                                              39 - HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AMERICAN TOURIST VISA?

                                                                                              The B1/B2 visa is the best known and most requested American visa. Its name encompasses two types of visas that for many years have been issued separately: B1 (business) and B2 (tourism). It is, therefore, a visa to travel temporarily to the USA, both to visit the country and to participate in seminars, workshops, technical visits, conferences and a series of other commercial activities. Like any temporary visa, the B1/B2 does not grant any type of residency rights or immigration benefits. It also does not allow a person to have a job or study full time in the USA. 

                                                                                              According to the current reciprocity between Brazil and the United States, the maximum validity of a B1/B2 visa is 10 years, and the maximum length of stay in the USA is 6 months. Any violation of the time allowed is considered a serious infraction by the American government, and can result in a series of penalties for the offender, ranging from visa cancellation to deportation and permanent ineligibility to enter the country. 

                                                                                              Although in most cases the B1/B2 visa is issued for tourism and / or business, there are specific situations where only the B1 (business) visa is issued, as in the case of babysitters or domestic employees traveling to the United States on business. For more information on tourism and business visas to the USA, click HERE

                                                                                                40 -HOW TO BE APPROVED IN THE TOURISM VISA INTERVIEW?

                                                                                                All applicants for tourist visas (B1/B2) must demonstrate during an interview with an American consular officer, either at a US Embassy or Consulate, that they do not intend to stay in the country after the permitted time, or to take advantage of the trip to the States United to carry out activities that do not comply with those authorized by the B1/B2 rules, such as working or studying full time, or taking advantage of American public benefits.

                                                                                                In general, this is done by proving the financial, family and social ties that the visa applicant has to the country of origin, showing the they will return to their country after the intended trip to the USA. Among the many documents that can assist in this verification are: income taxes, social contracts, real estate certificates, bank or investment statements and a series of other documents that help to demonstrate that the applicant has a sufficiently stable life.

                                                                                                In the case of business travel, it is also important to present an official letterhead from the employing company or the company who is responsible for the trip explaining the reason for the professional trip that will be performed by the B1/B2 visa applicant.

                                                                                                For more information on tourism and business visas to the USA, visit HERE.

                                                                                                  41 -HOW DOES THE TOURIST VISA APPLICATION PROCESS WORK?

                                                                                                  As with other temporary visas, the first step for applying for a B1/B2 visa is to fill out the DS-160 form, pay the application fee (currently US$ 160.00) and make an appointment. All of these procedures can be done online. 

                                                                                                  In most cases, it is necessary to go to an applicant service center (CASV) and after that to the nearest American Embassy or Consulate where the applicant resides for an interview with the consular officer. However, in many cases of visa renewal, it is enough to only schedule an interview. 

                                                                                                  On your interview day, you will need to bring a valid passport, a 5x5cm or 5x7cm picture, proof of payment of the consular fee and any other documents that the applicant has in order to prove their financial, family and social ties, as explained above. 

                                                                                                  To check all the information about the procedures and documents necessary to apply for a tourist and / or business visa (B1/B2) in Brazil, visit the website of the United States Embassy in Brasilia: https://br.usembassy.gov/pt

                                                                                                  For more information on tourist and business visas to the USA, please click HERE

                                                                                                    42 -HOW DO I APPLY FOR A VISA TO STUDY IN THE USA?

                                                                                                    Foreign citizens interested in studying or participating in Exchange programs in the United States must obtain a specific visa according to the purpose of their studies in America. The American government has several programs to encourage the study and exchange of foreign students. Whether to attend college, master’s, doctorate, or simply to do an au pair, summer work travel or intensive English course, studying in the United States is sure to broaden your cultural horizons and qualify your curriculum for future professional opportunities. 

                                                                                                    The first step in applying for a study or exchange visa (F, M or J), is to register at a higher education institution in the United States that is certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). 

                                                                                                    After being accepted by the institution, the applicant will receive a form (I-20 or DS-2019, depending on the course) to present along with the other documents required when applying for their student visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. 

                                                                                                    As with other temporary visas, it will be up to the American consular officer (consul) to judge the applicant’s qualifications at the time of the interview. 

                                                                                                    Learn more about study and exchange in the USA by clicking HERE

                                                                                                    43 - HOW DOES THE F-1 VISA WORK TO STUDY IN THE UNITED STATES?

                                                                                                    The F-1 visa is granted to international students who will take a full university degree at a US university. During the first year of the course the student is allowed to work within the university campus for 20 hours a week throughout the school term and 40 hours during the holidays. The student can accept an offer in a company that has a contract with the university, for example. Or even work directly for the university as an assistant to a professor or perform some functions that are related to their scholarship, fellowship or doctorate. 

                                                                                                    After 1 year of course with the F-1 visa, the student can now work off campus. However, there are exceptions where a student may ask for work authorization off campus in the first year of the course, if he / she proves financial difficulties and has tried to get jobs on campus and was not sucessful. In order to do that, the student must apply for a work permit with the USCIS. This document is valid for 1 year. Learn more about study and exchange in the USA by clicking HERE. 

                                                                                                      44 - HOW DOES THE J-1 VISA WORK FOR EXCHANGE PROGRAMS?

                                                                                                      This visa is granted to international students going to the United States for an exchange program. With this visa, those who go to study are allowed to work, but only on campus and in functions that are part of a scholarship, fellowship, or as academic assistants. This type of visa does not allow the person to work in partner companies, only in exceptional cases, as students in financial difficulties. 

                                                                                                      Learn more about study and exchange in the USA by clicking HERE. 

                                                                                                        45 - HOW DOES THE M-1 VISA WORK FOR STUDYING ON VOCATIONAL COURSES?

                                                                                                        The M-1 visa is for students going to the United States for vocational courses, for students who have already finished high school and are looking for additional knowledge and skills in specific areas. Although this type of visa does not entitle you to work, there are exceptions where the student can accept a job vacancy that is considered practical training within his / her area of ​​study, for up to six months after completing the course, as an intern in Brazil. 

                                                                                                        In addition, it is possible to apply for an OPT (Optional Practical Training), which is also a training in the area of studies and is usually granted to students with a J-1 visa. However, with authorization, it can also be used by those who have an M-1 visa. 

                                                                                                        Learn more about study and exchange in the USA by clicking HERE


                                                                                                        46 - HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE H-1B VISA TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES?

                                                                                                        The H-1B is a work visa for those with high technical qualifications in their areas. In addition to being an expert in their field, the applicant will need a “sponsor” in the United States who acts as a visa petitioner. The H-1B process begins in the United States, by filling a I -129 petition, which explains in detail to the US government why that specific vacancy should be filled temporarily by the foreign worker and not by a local worker. Find out more about work visas by clicking HERE

                                                                                                          47 - WHAT IS THE H-2B VISA AND HOW TO APPLY FOR IT?

                                                                                                          This visa is required to perform work of a temporary or seasonal nature for which there is a shortage of labor among American citizens and legal residents. Before submitting the petition (form 129H) to the USCIS, the employer is required to obtain a certificate from the Department of Labor confirming that there are no qualified American workers for the job on which the petition is based. Find out more about work visas by clicking HERE

                                                                                                            48 - HOW DOES THE H-3 VISA WORK FOR JOBS IN THE USA?

                                                                                                            The H-3 Visa is available for professionals who will travel to the United States to receive training from their employer in any area other than undergraduate or academic training. Training cannot be used to provide productive employment and cannot be available in the applicant’s country of origin. The employer must submit a petition (form I-129) to the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Service) to obtain approval for the training. Find out more about work visas by visiting HERE

                                                                                                            49 - HOW DOES THE I VISA WORK FOR JOURNALISTS AND PRESS PROFESSIONALS?

                                                                                                            I visas are intended for press or media professionals. To be considered eligible for these visas, professionals must have an employment contract or a similar document issued by a company justifying the need for their assignments while traveling to the United States. This visa is generally used by reporters and other professionals to cover events in the foreign media. Find out more about work visas by clicking HERE

                                                                                                              50 - HOW DOES THE L-1 VISA WORK FOR TRANSFERS TO THE USA?

                                                                                                              The L-1 visa is a temporary work visa for managers and executives in an international company transfer. This visa is divided into L-1A (Managers) and L-1B (Executives). In general, this transfer is made between affiliated or subsidiary companies, since it is necessary to prove the relationship between the two companies in addition to proof of the commercial capacity of the company in the USA that is receiving the foreigner. Find out more about work visas by visiting HERE

                                                                                                              51 - HOW TO APPLY FOR THE O VISA, FOR THOSE WITH EXCEPTIONAL SKILLS ON TEMPORARY TRAVEL?

                                                                                                              O visas are for individuals with exceptional skills in the areas of science, education, sports, arts, business, among others, considered “top of the field” in their professional fields, and who intend to travel to the USA for a specified period of time. It is necessary to have an American company petition and an employment contract detailing the terms of work or event itinerary. Find out more about work visas by visiting HERE

                                                                                                                52 - WHAT IS THE P VISA FOR ARTISTS OR PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES?

                                                                                                                P visas are intended for athletes for the purpose of being part of a professional team in the United States and engaging in professional competitions. The coaches of these athletes are also eligible for the same classification. The P visa can also be used by artists who intend to travel to the USA to participate in performances, recordings or other types of records of their arts. The P visa must be applied for by a petitioner in the USA or an agent, who must detail the terms of work or the itinerary of events. Find out more about work visas by visiting HERE

                                                                                                                  53 - HOW DOES THE R1 VISA WORK FOR RELIGIOUS WORKERS?

                                                                                                                  The R-1 is a visa for religious workers who wish to work temporarily in the United States for various religious organizations in different occupations. These organizations must be non-profit or tax exempt. Find out more about work visas by visiting HERE.