VISA FOR PROFESSIONALS WITH EXTRAORDINARY SKILLS
WHAT IS THE EB-1 VISA?
Professionals with “extraordinary skills” are those who are highly ranked in their fields and have broad national or international recognition in arts, education, science, business or athletics. A great differential of the EB-1 visa is that it does not require a job offer or employer in the U.S., applicants are qualified solely through his/her merits and professional background and, in many cases, academic background as well.
To qualify for an EB-1 visa, the applicant must fulfill at least 3 of the 10 criteria below:
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXTRAORDINARY SKILLS
- Evidences that you received awards and national or international recognition for excellence in your professional field;
- Evidences of your participation in associations which requires extraordinary achievements or qualifications of its members;
- Evidences of publications about your career in professional or commercial media of great importance;
- Evidences that you were asked to judge other people’s work individually or were part of an evaluator’s group;
- Evidences of your scientific, academic, artistic, athletic or business-related contributions of great importance to the field;
- Evidences of authorship of academic articles in professional publications commercial or other media of great importance;
- Evidence that your work was exhibited in exhibitions or artistic exhibitions;
- Evidences that you have played an essential or critical leadership role in different organizations;
- Evidence that you have a high remuneration compared to other professionals in the same professional area;
- Evidence of your commercial success in artistic performances
EB-1 VISAS CAN ALSO BE ISSUED FOR THE FOLLOWING PROFESSIONALS:
PROFESSORS AND RESEARCHERS
For these professionals it is necessary to prove international recognition for extraordinary achievements in their academic fields and a minimum of 3 years of experience in teaching or research in their academic field.
They must also be immigrating to the United States to continue their studies or occupy prominent positions in research at a higher education institution.
The applicant must present documentation and a work offer from an employer in the United States.
MANAGER OR MULTINATIONAL EXECUTIVE
An executive with managerial capacity who intends to immigrate to the United States holding the same role and working for the same company, an affiliate or subsidiary may qualify for the EB-1 visa.
As minimum requirements this professional must have worked for at least one (1) year outside the United States with the same employer, and this work is carried out in the 03 years preceding the submission of the petition.
LET’S WORK ON YOUR GREEN CARD TOGETHER!
Você sonha em morar e trabalhar legalmente os Estados Unidos e se identificou com algum dos perfis de visto EB-1 acima? Então entre em contato com a equipe AG e preencha nosso formulário de pré-avaliação gratuita para o green card, e comece hoje mesmo a realizar o seu sonho americano.