VISA FOR QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS
GET TO KNOW THE EB-2 VISA -FOR IMMIGRATION OF QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS IN THE USA.
The EB-2 visa is issued for professionals with successful and above average careers, who have been able to demonstrate exceptional ability in their professional segments and, in many cases, through a higher academic background (at least 1 bachelor’s degree). This visa allows a well-qualified foreigner to receive a green card to live and work permanently in the U.S., contributing to the development of the U.S. market and economy.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE EB-2 VISA, YOU MUST MEET AT LEAST 3 OF THE 7 CRITERIA REQUIRED BY THE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES (USCIS).
Below are these criteria:
- Academic background and diploma related to your area of professional skill;
- Letters documenting at least 10 years of full-time experience in your occupation
- Valid authorization or license to pursue your profession;
- Evidence that you have commanded a salary or other remuneration for services that demonstrates your exceptional ability
- Have registration or affiliation in a professional association in your professional area;
- Documents proving recognition for your achievements and contributions within your professional area;
- Other evidence that proves exceptional skill in your professional field.
EB-2 ADVANCED DEGREE
For this category an employer in the USA is required and the candidate should be hired for having an advanced degree of study in his/her area of activity such as a master’s, doctorate or specialization. In addition, the offer of employment should be related to the area of experience and studies of the applicant.
The employer interested in relying on the services of the foreign professional must justify the entry and permanence of the same in the country and prove that this professional’s qualifications do not exist or are not easy to be found in the United States.
EB-2 FOR EXCEPTIONAL ABILITY
For this EB-2 category you will also need to rely on an employer in the U.S. However, it is not necessary to present certificates and diplomas of an academic degree. Instead, the candidate must demonstrate that he/she has an “exceptional skill” and a level of expertise significantly above what is usually found in the job market.
EB-2 BY NATIONAL INTEREST WAIVER (NIW)
The EB-2 National Interest Waiver (“NIW”) is a visa designed to allow individuals to obtain permanent residency in the United States without a job offer from a US employer, if they can show that they intend to work towards the National Interest of the United States and have a distinguished professional history. For more information, click here.
LET’S WORK ON YOUR GREEN CARD TOGETHER!
Do you dream of living and working legally in the United States and identify yourself as one of the EB-2 visa profiles described above? Then contact AG team and fill out our free green card pre-assessment form and start making your American dream come true today